We welcome couples who wish to get married at any of our churches.
The church buildings are all beautiful and fine examples of architecture, and the grounds provide a beautiful backdrop for your photos. The one on the right is our vicar and her husband in her previous church - but our churches are just as beautiful!
If you wish to book a wedding, please contact our administrator, Caroline Coates. If you have a particular date or time in mind, it is best to book and pay your deposit as soon as possible..
Please note that if you live outside the parish, you will
need to qualify by having just ONE of the following connections:
That one of you:
· has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
· was baptised in the parish concerned or
· was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
· has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
· has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
· has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
· was married in the parish
However, if you live (or have any of the qualifying connections) in Croxden, Hollington or Rocester then you can marry in any of those 3 churches as there is a special permission given by the bishop.
To check which parish you live in please go to www.achurchnearyou.com put in your postcode and it will show your parish church.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any of the above connections – you can easily make the connection by coming along to services regularly for at least 6 months.
If either of you are divorced and the previous spouse is still living, then you will need to have a chat with the vicar before the booking can be definite. But do not worry - she has been through a divorce and re-married and so understands what it is like.
We take PREPARING FOR YOUR BIG DAY – and for marriage seriously and do all we can to help you. www.yourchurchwedding.org is a great site full of useful information.